Neighbours helping each other to grow since 2010.
- Our shared space at the MHC is a place where we grow gardens together,
- learn from each other, and work towards a healthier body, soil, and environment.
Our community benefits from stronger relationships and shared learning. Our environment benefits from natural practices. Our families benefit from education, increased self-reliance, physical activity, and social interaction. Gardening in community enhances the quality of life for all involved.
About our community garden:
- -Located just south of the 54A Avenue walkway
- -Lots of parking available at PERC, 5413 51 St
- -Boxes are 1 x 2 x .4 metres
- -Water and tools are provided, shared resources include compost, mulch, seeds, play area, and social media
- -We are non-smoking, scent-free, and pet-free
- -All gardening families contribute to the soil and to the site through daily tasks and work bees; all ages help out
- -The site is used for public education, our gardening practices are regenerative – working with nature to improve soil and plant health:
- -Soil is rarely left bare
- -Careful and attentive watering
- -Keep living roots in the soil as much as possible; all plants contribute
- -Biodiversity is enhanced by amendments and polyculture
- -Returning families get first right of refusal on their bed; new gardeners are accepted on first-come, first-served basis
- -Beds that show no sign of planting by May 15 will be contacted and may be reclaimed
- -Annual fee is $30 + GST ($31.50) per bed, cash, cheque, e-transfer, or PayPal; limit of two beds per household – based on availability and ability.
- -The fee includes other MHC garden-related programs at no extra charge
- -The site is publicly accessible and the Town of Stony Plain and MHC are not responsible for damage
If you agree to these policies, please fill out this form to apply for a plot.
Send questions to MHCCommGdn@Multicentre.org.